|| Shri Gurubhyo Namaha || Shri Devebhyo Namaha ||
Samskaar Camp for Kids
Vacations are coming and plans are being made for our children. Summer camps, tours & trips, visits to relatives, games, etc. That is all great.
But has anyone considered our children spending some time for their moral & spiritual betterment? To make them better human beings having respect for their parents, elders and teachers; to make our society proud of them as citizens. To be prepared to face the rat race when they grow up…
Such an opportunity is being provided by Shri Mahalasa Narayani Devi Kshetra, Harikhandige, which is conducting the annual residential classes for boys in Samskaar and Pooja Vidhi from Monday, April 22, 2013 to Sunday, May 12, 2013.
Apart from Sandhyavandanam, the boys will be imparted knowledge in conduct of poojas & other rituals, besides proper recitation of Shri Vishnu Sahasranama, Shri Ganapati Atharvashirsha, Abhishekha Sooktas, etc. A number of important stotras will also be taught to them.
Even boys whose upanayanam (thread ceremony) are not performed are encouraged to join since they will be prepared for the same.
In about a couple of weeks, the boys should be ready to perform quite a few Pooja vidhis at home, all by themselves.
Subjects at a Glance
1. Sandhyavandana & Suryanamaskaar
2. Deva Pooja: Shodshopchar, etc.
3. Yajnopavita Dharana Vidhi.
4. Sooktas: Purusha Sookta, Hiranya Sookta, Manyu Sookta, Rudra, etc.
5. Stotras: Shri Shadapadi, Devi Apradha Kshamapana, Shri Guru Paduka, Pragnya Vivardhan, Shri Navagraha stotra, etc.
6. Shri Vishnu Sahasranama, Shri Ganapati Atharvashirsha, Shri Ram Raksha stotras.
7. Sevas to Guru, God, parents and teachers.
During the month-long camp, there will be a constant interaction with Guruji Shri Suresh J Pai who will imbibe in the children moral values and love for God, besides an introduction to adhyatmik values.
Those who have attended previous camps will be given advanced mentoring from what they have learnt in the previous years, including shlokas from the Bhagwad Gita and their meanings with their application in our daily lives.
The boys also get an opportunity to perform rituals in various temples in the Devi Kshetra. (The temples in the Kshetra: 1. Shri Mahalasa Narayani Temple, 2. Shri Ganesha Temple, 3. Shri Ishwar Temple, 4. Shri Hanuman Temple, 5. Shri Datta Peetha, 6. Shri Navagraha Temple, 7. Shri Nagadevata temple.)
They also get an opportunity to take part in havans/homas being conducted in the Kshetra.
This residential camp is open to all, regardless of their Kuladevata or denomination.
Men, women and girls are also encouraged to take part as per their convenience (in the evenings) to learn various stotras like Shri Vishnu Sahasranam Stotram for the betterment of their lives.
1. Camp duration: About three weeks.
2. Arrangements for boarding & food, including breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner within the Devi Kshetra.
3. Bhajans every evening.
4. Parents who desire to stay for a few days are also welcome
5. Kar Seva: Children will be encouraged to love nature and environs.
6. Language: Mainly Konkani (with Kannada and Marathi).
7. Age restriction: None. Anyone from six years and above can participate.
8. Fees: The camp is free of cost.
Note: 1. Children will have to bring their own clothes, soap, toothpaste, brush, etc.
2. Please notify in advance if the child has any medical condition that may require any medication/medical supervision.
3. The idea of the camp is to make the children independent. Parents, unless desiring to attend the camp, are advised not to constantly contact them.
4. Please give two-three notebooks and pens.
5. Do not give cellphones, cameras or costly equipment to the children.
To enrol your kid, contact:
Guruji Shri Suresh J Pai
Shri Mahalasa Narayani Devi Kshetra,
41, Shiroor, Harikhandige 576124
Udupi District, Karnataka.
Call: +91 820 2543400 | 9343072516
|| SHRI MAHALASA ARPANAMASTU ||